Throughout my research, I was finding a lot of instances of teachers using QR codes in the classroom. Since I'm still in school, I thought I'd do a page on QR codes and education since many colleges are already using QR codes in their libraries and throughout campus. QR codes are a great way to engage students interactively in their lessons. What kid doesn't want to be able to use a cell phone in class? I think it's great that teachers were able to think outside the box and start using this marketing tool in a new and creative way. The fact that QR codes have made their way into classrooms and colleges all over America show that new technology is becoming more and more prevalent in learning. I think it's going to be harder for adults to go back to school if they are not up to date on all the current technology that is being used in education. On the other hands, children that grow up constantly learning new technology will be well prepared to learn newer and more complex technology as it is invented throughout their lives. I put together the following list to help teachers and students learn more about the use of QR codes in the classroom.
- QR Codes in Education - This link contains some basic information on QR codes and how they are being used in the classroom with kids.
- Cybrary Man's Education Websites: QR Codes - This page contains a long list of websites that have information on QR codes, teacher's websites and blogs with their personal examples on how to use QR codes in the classroom, and other websites with ideas for teaching with QR codes.
- Tell a Story with QR codes - This webpage tells you how to tell a story with QR codes. This is a great idea for elementary school teachers trying to help kids learn to read.
- How to Set up a QR Code Treasure Hunt - Help kids learn while using their mobile devices by setting up a QR code treasure hunt. This page provides information on how to get started.
- The Physical Educator: Skill Posters with QR Codes - The Physical Educator is a website created by physical education teachers to help engage students in their classes. These skill posters created by teachers can help students learn different sport skills by scanning the QR codes on the posters and then practicing the skills.
- QR Codes in the Classroom - This Free Tech for Teachers webpage gives ideas on how to use QR codes in the classroom and provides an example of a QR code math fun worksheet.
- QR Codes at Burke Library - Spring Hill College's library made a library guide to provide students with information on the QR codes that are being put up around their library and how to scan and use these codes.
- University of Connecticut's Learning Center QR Code - My school's learning center's QR code. By scanning this code, you can easily access the learning center's site on your phone.
- What are QR Codes and How Can I Use Them in the Classroom? - Here is a list of ideas and links on how to use QR codes in an educational setting.